Stellenbosch Bridge provides an ideal opportunity for developers, corporates and other institutions who want to become key players in a leading Smart City, and contribute to this unique entrepreneurial ecosystem.
While companies with innovation at their core are invited to participate in co-creating the innovation hub at the centre of the development, the first phase also offers the following attractive investment opportunities: residential, mixed use, commercial, and light industrial development – particularly data and distribution.
In a nutshell, Stellenbosch Bridge is seeking investors and corporates who will buy into its vision of creating:
A connected place where academia, industry, government and society collaborate in co-create tomorrow’s solutions
An inspiring place where investment in talent and innovation is driving change in the way we think, do things and live.
Tenders for the first-phase infrastructure installation have been assessed and a contractor appointed. Construction of bulk infrastructure and landscaping will start early 2021. Serviced land should be transferred to developers by mid 2021, after which the construction of precincts and buildings is expected to commence.
Why should you choose Stellenbosch Bridge?
- The strategic partnership between Stellenbosch Bridge and the University of Stellenbosch to co-create a world-class innovation hub will be the first of its kind in South Africa.
- Stellenbosch Bridge is potentially the first truly Smart City in Africa.
- Stellenbosch Municipality sees the Klapmuts area as an important development node for the region over the next few decades.
- The development is strategically positioned on the N1, with incredible vistas of the Cape winelands.
- The development has the support of the Western Cape Provincial Government.
- It is a mixed-use development with innovation and economic connectedness at its core.
- Sustainability and green principles are integrated in all elements of the development.*
- It boasts an urban form that is integrated and connects communities, and architectural design to acknowledge the unique Cape heritage.
- The development is in a socially vibrant, safe and secure environment.
*Stellenbosch Bridge is aiming for a Five Green Star Sustainable Precinct rating by the Green Building Council of South Africa – a recognised symbol of sustainability achievement. The rating has been developed to influence and incentivise developers to consider good design, community and environmental outcomes. Categories include governance, liveability, economic prosperity, environment and innovation.